Error after upgrading Skype

If you have questions to the work of Ursa Spell Checker or problems with it, please use this forum.
BobxT

Error after upgrading Skype

Postby BobxT » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:37 am

Ursa Spelling error after upgrading Skype version in Windows 7:-

"Application is not properly installed (no edit dll in target folder)! Please reinstall it."

If I reinstall Ursa on the same Windows where it is registered, does this count as another reinstall count and do I have to re-enter my registration details..?

Regards,
BobxT

moderator-profi

Re: Error after upgrading Skype

Postby moderator-profi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:26 am

Hi,
on the same Windows you can reinstall Ursa so many times you wish (for instance you want to install a new version of Spell Checker). After installing Ursa is in a trial mode. In this case to turn a program to a permanent mode again you need to enter your old activation code on the licensing page of Ursa Spell Checker console, but it is not necessary to reset your activation code.
Your code is related to your OS. If you reinstall your OS then you need to reset your code.

nastika

Postby nastika » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:30 am

Same thing happened to me... after updating skype Ursa stopped working, i have re-installed Ursa, entered license code rebooted and got this error "Application is not properly installed (no edit dll in target folder)! Please re-install it."

moderator-profi

Postby moderator-profi » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:34 pm

nastika wrote:Same thing happened to me... after updating skype Ursa stopped working, i have re-installed Ursa, entered license code rebooted and got this error "Application is not properly installed (no edit dll in target folder)! Please re-install it."

To solve the problem follow the steps:
1. download the actual version of Ursa Spell Checker
2. install it. You do not need to uninstall the previous version you have. During installing your Skype will be closed automatically (if it was open)
3. after installing just start Skype again. Enter your code to set it to the permanent mode (you can do it at any time during 30 days, because after fresh installing it is automatically in a 30-days-trial). By default Ursa Spell Checker is already active and checks spelling. So you don't need to do anything to activate spell checking.
After doing these steps please post your replay on forum.

Return to “Support Forum”