Ursa Spellchecker is a trial software and not truely free?

This forum is for opinion and experience exchange. Please provide here your feedback.
JakeCWolf

Ursa Spellchecker is a trial software and not truely free?

Postby JakeCWolf » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:26 am

I can't but feel confused, all the people I've heard talking about Ursa is that it was a free piece of software, no strings attached, no need to rent or buy it, just install and use. Yet I've come to find I've only been using a 30 day free trial of something I must buy a license for.

So, what's really going on here, because I can't help but feel dubbed on purpose here. No where on the site does it say you are downloading a trial that you must then buy a license for to fully make use of it after 30 days, nor does it mention this anywhere in the spellchecker itself till you have t-minus 5 or less days remaining on the trial.

In short, is there a truly free version of Ursa? Was Ursa once completely free and has now become payware? I'd like a full explanation, please.

moderator-profi

Re: Ursa Spellchecker is a trial software and not truely free?

Postby moderator-profi » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:44 pm

Sorry that you have some confusions with Ursa Spell Checker.

Ursa Spell Checker until vers. 1.6 was fully free. After 30 days you could request an activation code free of charge. This version is not supported now.
Since version 2.0 Spell Checker has 30-days free trial. Then you will need to purchase a code to activate a software for a permanent use.

JakeCWolf

Re: Ursa Spellchecker is a trial software and not truely free?

Postby JakeCWolf » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:08 pm

You you should seriously consider either returning to a free model and ask for donations, or better denote the fact it's payware with a trial. Duping people into a product they then buy just to keep using it isn't a good way to get people to say nice things about your product, no matter how well it functions.

I myself will be finding another spellchecker that is actually free, as I have zero money to pay for one.

Return to “User Reviews Forum”